The assault and battery attorneys in Philadelphia at Rosen Justice Injury Lawyers fight for those who have been victimized by assault. Everyone has a right to be safe under the law. The offender may be criminally charged. But criminal charges alone may not be sufficient justice for a victim. You may also claim financial compensation for assault and battery and hold the offender accountable through a civil claim. The assault and battery attorneys in Philadelphia at Rosen Justice Injury Lawyers are experienced assault and violent crime attorneys. We can help you claim compensation.
My Story – I Was Mugged
It was late at night and I was on crutches from a recent knee surgery. I lived a few blocks away so I walked home as I had done so many times. The next thing I knew, I was waking up, bleeding from my head wondering what happened. Turns out someone mugged me, and the police never caught the perpetrator and they were never brought to justice. If you have experienced assault or battery I implore you to call us as soon as possible. Rosen Justice will ensure you receive the compensation you deserve and the perpetrator receives the justice they deserve.
LOCAL. EXPERIENCED. RELENTLESS.
When you’re searching for assault and battery attorneys near me, remember that you may have a claim not just if you have been injured, but also if you are placed in fear of imminent bodily harm. In addition to the individual attacker, a business or employer may also be responsible for failing to protect you. At Rosen Justice Injury Lawyers, we explore every avenue to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
We represent assault and battery victims in the following locations:
- Greater Philadelphia
- Delaware County
- Bucks County
- Montgomery County
You may pursue your claim regardless of whether the police file charges or what happens to the outcome of a criminal case. Damages available in a civil case may include financial losses, lost income, pain and suffering and more.
What is a civil assault and battery case?
An assault civil case is a financial claim for compensation based on assault and battery. The victim may claim a wide range of financial damages including pain and suffering. A civil assault case is brought by the victim. The defendant may be the assailant themselves in addition to anyone else who negligently allows the assault to occur.
Is Assault a Criminal or Civil Case?
Is assault a criminal or civil case? There are some key differences between an assault civil case and a criminal case:
- The victim chooses whether to bring the civil case.
- The burden of proof is different. You may win a civil claim regardless of the outcome of the criminal case.
- Damages may be available in a civil case that are not available in a civil case.
- Victims control civil cases. A criminal prosecutor may make decisions that the victim disagrees with.
- Only the victim decides whether to settle the civil case. You settle the case only when you’re satisfied with the result.
- In a civil claim, you have the right to work with the assault and battery attorney of your choice. They represent your interests.
The purpose of an assault lawsuit is to represent only the interests of the victim. Let our assault and battery attorney in Philadelphia help you understand what a civil attorney claim is and how it can help you achieve justice when you’re the victim of an assault.
Read About our Assault and Battery Case Examples we Have Won in Court
Here are some assault and battery case examples that our attorneys have successfully handled:
- A woman waited in the check out line of a grocery store. Another customer attacked her. Store employees failed to break up the fight. The grocery store was financially responsible.
- Even though they were given a position of care and trust, a home healthcare aid abused their position to sexually assault a client. The attacker and the employment placement agency were legally and financially responsible.
- When a roller rink employee physically restrained a child, the employee was held responsible for their injuries.
- A victim was in danger from another customer at a fast food restaurant. They begged restaurant employees to call 911. When employees failed to do so, the company was liable to the victim for assault damages.
These are just a few examples of assault cases that our Philadelphia assault and battery attorney law firm has brought on behalf of our deserving clients. We work relentlessly so that assault victims have a voice and a way to take action when they’re hurt by the actions of others.
Steps in Assault and Battery Legal Representation
Here are the steps involved in assault legal representation as we work relentlessly on behalf of a victim:
1. Talking to the client
We want to know what happened in your own words. We understand that assault and battery is a life-changing, harrowing experiences. That’s why you can expect our professional team to listen to you with compassion and learn about your case. We invite you to ask questions about the legal process and what’s involved in our representation.
2. Investigating the case
There are a number of things that we do to investigate the case and build the evidence. Assault and battery cases often depend on speaking to witnesses and gathering records. We know how to respond to reluctant witnesses. Our team is experienced in building cases on behalf of our clients. It’s our goal to thoroughly prove legal fault and document the full value of compensation.
3. Begin your legal claim
Starting your legal claim means submitting legal documents to court. These documents must name the right defendants, state the cause of the claim and identify damages. How you prepare these documents sets the stage for the rest of the case. Our attorneys are skilled in preparing legal documents in assault cases. We work to meet deadlines and set up your case for success.
4. Pursuing your case through trial
We’re determined to work to represent the interests of our clients with skill and determination. Our Rosen Justice Injury Lawyers are experienced in the courtroom and ready to present your case. We also work to put you in a position to negotiate a settlement. At all times, we work for you and with you to maximize your case results.
We Are Philadelphia’s Violent Crimes Experts – Call Today
Are you a victim of assault and battery? If so, speak with our assault and battery lawyers today. We have represented hundreds of people like you. Our law firm is here for you, and we will make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. We’re a Philadelphia violent crimes law firm that represents victims. Come learn what your claim might be worth. Contact us today for your consultation.